Sensera Systems Camera Installation Guide: PTZ500
Visit the Getting Started Video: System Installation and support.senserasystems.com for more information
The full technical specifications can be found here.
Part I: Registering the Camera
NOTE: If you have an existing Sensera account, simply login and begin with Step 3
- First, launch an internet browser and go to SiteCloud (sitecloud.senserasystems.com).
- Next, choose "Create a new Sensera Webapp Account" in the login box to enter your desired username, email, password, and then "Submit".
- Once you are within SiteCloud, select "SITES" in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on "Register New Device" and enter the required information and select “Submit”.
If you would like to copy settings from another camera, be sure to make the selection before clicking on "Submit".
- Next, press the black power button under your camera until a solid blue light appears and the camera vibrates.
- And finally, navigate to the “SITES” page to confirm that the camera shows “Online”.
Part II: Installing the Solar Panel(s)
NOTE: Special attention should be considered when placing your camera in between your two solar panels (XL version)
- To start, ensure that the placement of the solar panels will be free of sunlight obstructions that may create a shadow over ANY part of the solar panel.
- Position the solar panels to face South (North, if below the Equator).
- Utilizing the steel bands provided, mount the solar panels by running the bands through the oval openings on the solar panel mounting arm, through both the top and bottom.
- To tighten, use the included 7 MM nutsetter or your own power drill until fully secured.
- Adjust the tilt angle of the solar panel to ensure it’s at the recommended angle.
- Ensure solar panel is in the middle of the two wing nuts, slide onto mounting arm, and tighten.
- Repeat above steps for your second solar panel, then connect second solar panel cable into additional connector.
Part III: Installing your Camera
- Ensure placement of camera is above the solar panel or in between if using the dual panel configuration.
- Next, take the camera mounting arm and remove the flat side of the mounting bracket from the arm.
- Then, attach the flat mounting bracket to the back of the camera using the four short bolts provided and tighten them using the 10MM side of the included wrench.
- Utilizing the two remaining steel bands, loop them through the angled bracket of the mounting arm. NOTE: If you have a smaller pole, use the additional bracket to mount the arm instead of steel bands.
- Now, place the angled bracket on the pole and loop the steel bands through the steel band lock.
- Using the included 7 MM nutsetter or your power drill, tighten the steel bands until secure.
- Then, attach the camera and tighten the remaining bolts using the 10MM side of the wrench provided.
- Further tighten all bolts and steel bands, as needed.
- At this point, you can connect the solar panel cable to the back of the camera. Make sure that you rotate the connector until it makes a clicking sound indicating that it is locked in place.
- Before leaving site, be sure check to how the camera is aimed by taking the following steps:
- Click on the orange Camera icon in the upper left-hand corner of the screen
- Initiate Live Streaming and engage the pan slider, moving from the far left to the far right of the range to confirm that the entire area you wish to capture will be visible in a panoramic image
- Next, you will want to engage the tilt slider from the lowest to the highest angle to ensure that this is inclusive of the area you wish to have visible in a panoramic image
- This is what your completed system installation will look like (with two solar panels)