This integration offers you the functionality to automate syncing, sharing, and the displaying of real-time site images directly into your BIM 360 account. Once configured, transfer is completely automatic and/or a la carte for any SiteCloud image type.
Customers with both a BIM 360 and SiteCloud account can follow the steps below to complete the integration.
Part I: Installing the Integration
- Within your BIM 360 account click on "Apps" under the Account Admin" page
- Select "Sensera SiteCloud BIM 360" Integration and add it
- Your integration is now active within BIM 360
Part II Configuring the integration
- Launch an internet browser and enter web address webapp.senserasystems.com
- Log in with your SiteCloud "Username" and "Password"
- While on the “View” screen select which camera you want to configure (Picture A)
- Click on “Configure Node Camera” and then “Configure Camera” (Picture B)
- Ensure “Enable Project Updates (receive latest image periodically by email)” is selected and that Email Address, Time, and Days of the Week are populated
- Select “Send Updates to BIM 360” and click on the "BIM 360 Settings" link next to it (Picture C)
- Enter your BIM 360 “Email” and "Password" in the dialogue windows that appear
- Click “Allow” to authorize the application (Picture D)
- The message "Authorization was successful" should display and you will see a list of your available BIM 360 projects you can select (Picture E)
- You have now authenticated and configured this integration
Part III: Exporting Images Manually
While the above configuration allows for the automatic syncing of images from SiteCloud to BIM 360, users can also manually export images. To do so, follow the steps below:
- While on the "View" page of SiteCloud go to the "Captured Images" section of the page
- Choose the image you want to export
- Click on the "Export Images" button and select "Current Image"
- Click on "Export to Autodesk BIM 360" and click on "Export" (Picture F)
The image will appear in your camera folder within BIM 360 once processed. To note, you can only export the most current image.
Part IV: Accessing and Managing SiteCloud Image Types within BIM 360
Once you sync or export images into your BIM 360 account, an auto-created folder called “Sensera” will appear under the BIM 360 project files you designated. This folder will contain two additional folders called: “Export” and “Update”.
- Export: This folder houses all the images you exported on an ad hoc basis from SiteCloud
- Update: This folder houses all the scheduled images you have captured
Within "Export" and "Update", folders with the name of your camera(s) are also created with the corresponding images.
Please Note: TimeLapse videos in the folder will be from the day before, as it takes 24 hours for the video to be rendered. The video will also be in MP4 format.
With this integration, you'll also want to keep a few things in mind:
- Renaming: Renaming the folder will preclude scheduled and exported images from going into those folders. Instead, new folders with the standard naming conventions will be created and the images deposited into those.
- Deleting: Deleting a SiteCloud folder within BIM 360 is not recoverable. Instead, you will need to (re)export the images again.
Given the above, we recommend you keep the document name folder as is. Should you need to create more granularity on your naming conventions, you can create separate folders and move the images into them, as needed.
Lastly, you should keep the integration authenticated so that automatic syncing and manual export work without disruption.